RouteBuddy Atlas for iOS
Atlas is our powerful mobile mapping software, which combines our digital mapping with the built-in GPS in Apple's iOS devices, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, and allows access to the topo maps installed from any location without data charges.
- Clean and clear user interface
- View maps in portrait or landscape, with or without toolbars
- Add waypoints by location or by grid ref / coordinate search
- Edit route, track and waypoint names, descriptions, URLs
- Change waypoint, route and track colour
- Import gpx and kml files of routes and waypoints from your computer
- Locate without incurring data charges using in-built GPS
- Lock feature to avoid moving the map whilst location services being used
- WiFi sync of maps, waypoints, routes and tracks to your PC or Mac
- Export tracks to your computer for use in RouteBuddy or Google Earth
- Search using the inbuilt Gazetteer for OSGB
- Search by coordinates and grid-references
- Search using online services
- Super-fast super-smooth panning, zooming and rendering of maps
- Cache map tiles from OpenStreetMap, OpenCycleMap, OpenPisteMap for off-line use
Your iOS Device doesn't have a GPS?
There are a few devices out there now but we have heard that the Bad Elf device works well with Atlas
RouteBuddy Map Products for Atlas
Please note: RouteBuddy digital road maps cannot be used in Atlas for iOS.
Please use the on-line OpenStreetMaps already available in the Atlas app and cache tiles for off-line use.
Get more from your digital topo maps... why plan your routes on a small screen?
An added bonus of buying digital IGN, Ordnance Survey and USGS maps from RouteBuddy is that they will also work with RouteBuddy for Windows and Mac OS X so you can easily plan your route on the big screen and then export your data via GPX or KML to your device.
Also you can view your recorded tracks in RouteBuddy on topo, road or aerial imagery.
Experience Atlas for yourself
Just visit the iTunes Store and download to your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch and, if you've already purchased a Topo map from the RouteBuddy Store for RouteBuddy for Windows or Mac OS X you'll now be able to load these on your iOS device as well!
Atlas is also available as a set of stand-alone applications: RouteBuddy Solo
Atlas is a 'Tier One' app that allows access of both maps and geo-data from visual files, and the use of any maps you have loaded on your device can also be used on your Mac or PC as well.
Display current location, Track where you have been, Export recorded Tracks and Waypoints to your Mac or PC and Import Routes and POIs from you computer using industry standard GPX and KML files, Coordinate display from a variety of options and the option to measure distance.
RouteBuddy Atlas can load any of the RouteBuddy Topo maps covering France, the UK, and contiguous states of the USA, including Hawaii
- OpenStreetMap; OpenCycleMap; OpenPisteMap for off-line use with your waypoints, routes and tracks.
RouteBuddy Atlas requires iOS 3.2 or later, and can be accessed from both Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows.