You'll find more trails in RouteBuddy
Powerful and easy to use Digital Map Software for Windows and Mac OS X
From school children to experienced hikers, bushcraft and survival specialists - RouteBuddy is the power-tool for exploring maps, route-planning and analysis
Use with RouteBuddy's Topo Maps for the UK - USA - France
Firstly let me say: nice product, enjoying using it, much better than the competition...
All you need to know about RouteBuddy for Windows and Mac OS X
Buying MapsOpen or CloseYou can Buy Maps from:
The RouteBuddy Store
Note: Maps purchased from the RouteBuddy Store are Multi-Platform and can be used on your Mac or PC and in RouteBuddy Atlas on your iPhone or iPad.
(You can also PRINT maps from your Mac or PC**.)
List GuideOpen or ClosePowerful digital map software
- Clear and easy to use interface that brings useful and powerful tools to your fingertips
- Many unique features that are not available from our competitors
- Universal toolbar that looks and works the same on both Mac and PC
- Plot Routes by clicking on map
- Drag and Drop Route files from your GPS, from friends and websites
- Analyse elevation, ascent, descent and other statistics
- Export Routes to GPS with RouteBuddy Sync
- View your Waypoints, Routes and Tracks over Road, Topo, or Satellite Imagery
- Detailed route editing, with route styling (colour, line thickness, style and opacity)
- Export Route Card Data in editable CVS format
- Import Tracks
- All RouteBuddy Maps have been converted to the modern WGS84 format, the same format that Google use.
- Totally unique to RouteBuddy's Maps
- With WGS84 maps you can layer and merge Topo and Vector maps from all around the world
- With WGS84 maps you can use place Satellite Maps over your Topo maps - and see more trails
- State-of-the-art animated layer technology makes for smooth layer transition
- Print your maps on waterproof or normal paper.
- Change the scale of the maps for printing making it great to print a 25K map at 1:10K scale and not need glasses or a magnifier
- Print Route Cards
Safe storage of your valuable GeoData
- Backup Waypoint, Routes and Tracks from your GPS to RouteBuddy on your computer
- Create multiple libraries of your GPS activities
- Create folders and folders-within-folders logically store your GeoData
Plug-and-play GPS support for
- iPhone, iPad and many Garmin, TomTom and USGlobalSat devices
- RouteBuddy is a multifunctional mapping application which can seamlessly layer road, topo and satellite imagery maps providing you with an all-round experience unrivalled by any other software. It is not just a topo map application, nor just a satellite map application, nor a road map application… in a nutshell it does all!
- Fast, sure and powerful desktop mapping that beats all the others hands down. Winning award after award RouteBuddy has been voted the Outdoor Industries best and most innovative digital map software by long-distance walkers who need powerful tools.
- Use all sorts of Topo or Road maps in the same software and then layer satellite imagery 'directly' over the top like no-one else offers for very detailed planning.
- For your iPhone and iPad then please visit our RouteBuddy Atlas page for more information
- RouteBuddy desktop software can use Road AND Topo maps
- RouteBuddy Atlas mobile software only uses Topo maps
Pictorial GuideOpen or CloseWhat are you missing in other map software?
DirectLayer means that we directly layer satellite maps over topo maps - so no map bounce***
1 OS Map - shows no marked trail
2 Bing Satellite - shows that several trail options exist
3 Plan route - mark out the trail you want in Bing and RouteBuddy
4 Change view - to see route over topo map and export to GPSFriends and Teamworkers need a common map tool that works offline…
Talk Mac or PC
- Doesn't matter, you'll be at home on either OS with RouteBuddy
- Doesn't matter, your licence works on both
Mixed Use for Training
- No problem, app commands are identical.The only way to safely back up your waypoints, routes and tracks…
Millions of Outdoors Routes are free on the web...
- so you need powerful Organisation, Search and Filter tool
RouteBuddy's Places, Folders and Sub-Folders
- help you file, mix and match
Don't leave GeoData on your iPhone
- back it up to RouteBuddy on PC or Mac so you don't lose itWhy RouteBuddy doesn't offer online maps…
Online map planning suffers from: time-lag / indirect map layers / paltry tool set / visual clutter / browser limitations / adverts / appallingly slow speed
Why pay twice for the same map? - once for online use and again for use on your mobile. #Ripoff
Offline Map Software from RouteBuddy
- is the opposite of the online map problems above, so move over to RouteBuddy
- you can use our maps on both computer and mobileWhy you can see more Trails in RouteBuddy…
There are more trails on view in RouteBuddy than anyone else offers
Flip between map and satellite view and see trails not on topo maps or in competitors software
Bing map satellite imagery layers are in RouteBuddy and use 'direct layering' of map imagery over topo maps
Unique, powerful and easy - with just one clickPrint your own paper maps…
- Printed show the big picture.
- Digital are best for bad weather.
- Printed don't need a battery.
- Digital can track or find location.
Out in the wilds?
...take both a printed map and your iPhone
as many copies as you like!The best is right here, connecting all your devices...
- Use to Plan, Print and Navigate.
- Better value than online maps.
- Powerful Tools online maps lack.
- Use on computer and in mobile.
- Faster than online maps.
- Faster than competitors maps.
Pay only once for any Topo map from our store and use on your iPhone, iPad and PC or Mac.
Buy RouteBuddy to get more features…
Key features - toolsOpen or ClosePRINT - Maps and Route Cards without the big 'Demo' watermark
MANAGE DATA - and create as many Place Files and Folders as you like
EXPORT GeoData - in GPX, KML, CSV, GARMIN and TomTom formats
IMPORT GeoData - in GPX, KML, CSV, GARMIN and TomTom formats
TRANSFER - Waypoints, Routes and Tracks directly to/from recognised GPS devices
SYNC - and backup Maps and GeoData over WiFi and USB, to/from your iOS device... easy, quick and simple
Please note that the RouteBuddy Software comes with Demo maps only (see above) you need to choose the maps you want to use with the software from the large collections we have on the RouteBuddy Store
Key features - benefitsOpen or CloseRouteBuddy Maps - Buy once and use on up to 5 of your devices.*
RouteBuddy Maps - Low prices, massive selection.
RouteBuddy Maps - Never be without a map or route.
Key features - mapsOpen or CloseRouteBuddy Map Software - View more trails than any other map software.
RouteBuddy Map Software - Aerial and Direct layer satellite map imagery.
RouteBuddy Map Software - Free Demo, try it now!
Why RouteBuddy is the best map software for your Mac or PC…
Building modern map softwareOpen or CloseFor nearly a decade RouteBuddy have been supplying customers all over the world with advanced, modern and powerful desktop map software.
Available for both Windows and Mac OS X these identical digital-map twins are easy to set up and use, as well as to sync maps and data between our mobile map software Atlas and your computer; RouteBuddy beats competitors Offline AND Online maps hands down…
Choose maps from a large collection in our store for the UK, USA and France - and licence RouteBuddy to print unlimited maps from our desktop software, then you have all you need for navigation and safety in the great outdoors.
Read more below...
RouteBuddy in more detailOpen or CloseSo many uses for this powerful desktop map software that just can't be done with any web-maps so let's take a look...
Fast, sure and powerful desktop mapping that beats all the others. Winning award after award RouteBuddy has beef voted the Outdoor Industries best and most innovative digital map software by long-distance walkers who need powerful tools, just search online to see what they use it for.
Clear and easy to use interface that brings useful and powerful features to your fingertips, many unique to RouteBuddy only.
Plotting routes and looking at walked trails is easy, overlay them as well for more information. Look at elevation, ascent, descent and lost of statistics.
Modern! We've converted all Topo maps to work with modern online satellite imagery from Bing, we do the work and you get the advantages.
Use all sorts of Topo or Road maps in the same software and then layer satellite imagery 'directly' over the top like no-one else offers for very detailed planning.
Print your maps on waterproof or normal paper. You can also change the scale of the maps for printing making it great to print a 25K map at 1:10K scale and not need glasses or a magnifier!
Just click Sync to transfer maps and geodata like Waypoints, Routes and Tracks.
Getting to work with RouteBuddy - the application sports a universal toolbar for both operating systems and features are comparable throughout:
• Use with any of RouteBuddy's high resolution Road and Topo maps.
• Ability to view your waypoints, routes and tracks on Road, Topo, or Satellite Imagery.
• State-of-the-art animated layer technology.
• Easy planning and management of geodata, Waypoints, Routes or Tracks.
• Detailed route editing, with route styling (colour, line thickness etc).
• Route statistics and elevation data.
• Route Maps, Route Cards and Route Card file export
• Plug-and-play GPS support for iPhone, iPad and many Garmin, TomTom and USGlobalSat devices..
• Create a library of your GPS activities and safely backup all of your valuable maps and geodata.
RouteBuddy is a multifunctional mapping application which can seamlessly layer road, topo and satellite imagery maps providing you with an all-round experience unrivalled by any other software. It is not just a road map application, and not just a topo map application... in a nutshell it does all!
RouteBuddy software is for Windows or Mac OS X - NOT iOS Devices
For your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch then please visit our RouteBuddy Atlas page for more information.
*Excludes In-App maps from Apple's iTunes Store.
**Purchase of RouteBuddy desktop software required.
***Map bounce is when online map software zooms out from the Topo Map and then zooms in on the Satellite Map and the reverse happening when you go back to the topo map. In essence this causes disorientation as your eyes are taken off the map detail (and wastes your time). RouteBuddy has DirectLayer technology where Topo and Satellite Maps just fade from one to the other - the you cam keep an eye on all of the detail!