You'll find more trails in RouteBuddy
Powerful and easy to use Digital Map Software for Windows and Mac OS X
I've been using RouteBuddy for several years now and find it excellent both for route-planning and for use in the wilds with print-out maps
Chris Townsend, long distance UK and USA hiker, author, TGO magazine columnist and blogger
Follow Chris Townsend on his blog
RouteBuddy for Mac and PC
Why there are More Trails in RouteBuddyOpen or CloseRouteBuddy map software for Windows and Mac OS X in that it offers the ability to layer offline maps and online maps over each other, additionally you can merge different maps, from different cartographers, next to each other. Lastly you overlay regularly update digital satellite maps over any of your maps.
RouteBuddy List GuideOpen or ClosePowerful digital map software
- Clear and easy to use interface that brings useful and powerful tools to your fingertips
- Many unique features that are not available from our competitors
- Universal toolbar that looks and works the same on both Mac and PC
- Plot Routes by clicking on map
- Drag and Drop Route files from your GPS, from friends and websites
- Analyse elevation, ascent, descent and other statistics
- Export Routes to GPS with RouteBuddy Sync
- View your Waypoints, Routes and Tracks over Road, Topo, or Satellite Imagery
- Detailed route editing, with route styling (colour, line thickness, style and opacity)
- Export Route Card Data in editable CVS format
- Import Tracks
- All RouteBuddy Maps have been converted to the modern WGS84 format, the same format that Google use.
- Totally unique to RouteBuddy's Maps
- With WGS84 maps you can layer and merge Topo and Vector maps from all around the world
- With WGS84 maps you can use place Satellite Maps over your Topo maps - and see more trails
- State-of-the-art animated layer technology makes for smooth layer transition
- Print your maps on waterproof or normal paper.
- Change the scale of the maps for printing making it great to print a 25K map at 1:10K scale and not need glasses or a magnifier
- Print Route Cards
- Backup Waypoint, Routes and Tracks from your GPS to RouteBuddy on your computer
- Create multiple libraries of your GPS activities
- Create folders and folders-within-folders logically store your GeoData
- iPhone, iPad and many Garmin, TomTom and USGlobalSat devices
- RouteBuddy is a multifunctional mapping application which can seamlessly layer road, topo and satellite imagery maps providing you with an all-round experience unrivalled by any other software. It is not just a topo map application, nor just a satellite map application, nor a road map application… in a nutshell it does all!
- Fast, sure and powerful desktop mapping that beats all the others hands down. Winning award after award RouteBuddy has been voted the Outdoor Industries best and most innovative digital map software by long-distance walkers who need powerful tools.
- Use all sorts of Topo or Road maps in the same software and then layer satellite imagery 'directly' over the top like no-one else offers for very detailed planning.
- For your iPhone and iPad then please visit our RouteBuddy Atlas page for more information
- RouteBuddy desktop software can use Road AND Topo maps
- RouteBuddy Atlas mobile software only uses Topo maps
RouteBuddy Pictorial GuideOpen or CloseWhat are you missing in other map software?
DirectLayer means that we directly layer satellite maps over topo maps - so no map bounce***
1 OS Map - shows no marked trail
2 Bing Satellite - shows that several trail options exist
3 Plan route - mark out the trail you want in Bing and RouteBuddy
4 Change view - to see route over topo map and export to GPSFriends and Teamworkers need a common map tool that works offline…
Talk Mac or PC
- Doesn't matter, you'll be at home on either OS with RouteBuddy
- Doesn't matter, your licence works on both
Mixed Use for Training
- No problem, app commands are identical.The only way to safely back up your waypoints, routes and tracks…
Millions of Outdoors Routes are free on the web...
- so you need powerful Organisation, Search and Filter tool
RouteBuddy's Places, Folders and Sub-Folders
- help you file, mix and match
Don't leave GeoData on your iPhone
- back it up to RouteBuddy on PC or Mac so you don't lose itWhy RouteBuddy doesn't offer online maps…
Online map planning suffers from: time-lag / indirect map layers / paltry tool set / visual clutter / browser limitations / adverts / appallingly slow speed
Why pay twice for the same map? - once for online use and again for use on your mobile. #Ripoff
Offline Map Software from RouteBuddy
- is the opposite of the online map problems above, so move over to RouteBuddy
- you can use our maps on both computer and mobileWhy you can see more Trails in RouteBuddy…
There are more trails on view in RouteBuddy than anyone else offers
Flip between map and satellite view and see trails not on topo maps or in competitors software
Bing map satellite imagery layers are in RouteBuddy and use 'direct layering' of map imagery over topo maps
Unique, powerful and easy - with just one clickPrint your own paper maps…
- Printed show the big picture.
- Digital are best for bad weather.
- Printed don't need a battery.
- Digital can track or find location.
Out in the wilds?
...take both a printed map and your iPhone
as many copies as you like!The best is right here, connecting all your devices...
- Use to Plan, Print and Navigate.
- Better value than online maps.
- Powerful Tools online maps lack.
- Use on computer and in mobile.
- Faster than online maps.
- Faster than competitors maps.
Pay only once for any Topo map from our store and use on your iPhone, iPad and PC or Mac.
RouteBuddy 4.2 Pro - Licensed Version
Add more features to RouteBuddyOpen or CloseBy licensing RouteBuddy you can add all of these powerful features below:
- Maps areas and Strip Maps
- Route Cards without the big 'Demo' watermark
- Create as many Place Files and Folders as you like to hold Waypoints, Routes and Tracks
- In a variety of file formats GPX, KML, CSV, GARMIN and TomTom formats
- Waypoints, Routes and Tracks directly to/from recognised GPS devices
- and backup Maps and GeoData over WiFi and USB, to/from your iOS device... easy, quick and simple
- RouteBuddy Software comes with Demo maps only (see above) you need to choose the maps you want to use with the software from the large collections we have on the RouteBuddy Store
Get more from RouteBuddy Topo MapsOpen or CloseBuy once
- Use on up to 5 of your devices.
- Low prices, massive selection.
Buy RouteBuddy 4.2 Pro now and enjoy the extra featuresOpen or Close
Firstly let me say: nice product, enjoying using it, much better than the competition...
*Excludes In-App maps from Apple's iTunes Store.
**Purchase of RouteBuddy desktop software required.
***Map bounce is when online map software zooms out from the Topo Map and then zooms in on the Satellite Map and the reverse happening when you go back to the topo map. In essence this causes disorientation as your eyes are taken off the map detail (and wastes your time). RouteBuddy has DirectLayer technology where Topo and Satellite Maps just fade from one to the other - the you cam keep an eye on all of the detail!